
"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.......a time to dance".
Ecclesiastes Three
This was the theme of Makayla's dance recital on June 6th! What an unbelievable blessing we were in for that evening. We do not have any pictures ,because you were not allowed to take pictures or video. We did by a DVD so we will have this precious time captured. Makayla was so excited to be preforming on stage in a real theater and of course like any parent we couldn't wait to see her. But, we were in for a huge surprise as the evening unfolded. The Ballet company begins with ages 3 and goes to 17 years of age. We watched in amazement at these girls who were dancing for the Lord. Makayla's group danced to open the eyes of my heart Lord, Dance like David danced, and Sabre Dance. They had a costume change for each one and all the dances were absolutley precious. I think my favorite was Dance like David danced. It was up-beat and the girls had scarves they used as props to represent the joy of David's dance. My other favorite number was presented by the older girls. It was a beautiful worship song! They were dressed in white, danced and did sign lanuage at the same time. Simply beautiful. I will say my eyes teared up when Makayla read scripture she had memorized and gave her dance testimony. She went on stage with her friend Kayliegh who also gave her testimony. I of course welled with tears and then when Makayla spoke ......that was it ....tears came. More came when her friend Kayliegh wrapped her arm around Makayla as she spoke for moral support. These girls are so precious to one another and MS. Andrea has such a heart for teaching girls about God's love through dance. Lord thank you for Ms. Andrea and all those who love our girls with all their hearts.
So I leave you with a poem that was in the program....
Giver of life, creator of all that is lovely,
Teach me to sing the words to your song;
I want to feel the music of the living
And not fear the sad songs
But from them make new songs
Composed of both laughter and tears.
Teach me to dance to the sounds of your world
And your people,
I want to move in rhythm with your plan
Help me to try to follow your leading
To risk even falling
To rise and keep trying
Because you are leading the dance.
Author Unknown

2 comments:
How precious. What a blessing that your dance company honors the Lord. Still thinking about signing Avonlea up!
Just makes me so so sad that I could not be there to see my precious Makayla dancin for our Lord..........One day, I will be able to see Makayla dance.......Love ya, Nonna and Mama
Post a Comment