Monday, December 13, 2010

A different kind of Christmas.

At the Colbert's this year
you will find no outdoor
lights, indoor decorations,
very little baking, and even
no tree until the 24th .
We are moving on the 21st and
life has taken a little different
path then normal for us
at this time of year.
I love to decorate and bake up a storm...
But , this year I am packing boxes
and feeling a little....well a lot
overwhelmed.
We have been looking for awhile and
this perfect house came to us at
a very unexpected time.
We prayed for God's guidance and
continue to have our path
point to moving and moving
quickly.
So... the Colbert house has an
advent wreath and a Christmas
devotional.
I am filled with joy that it
has really given us/children a
great opportunity to see that the
traditions we have at Christmas
are wonderful ,but that is not
what makes Christmas. It is Christ that
makes Christmas and there is nothing
else that makes the Season.
Dear Lord...thank you for this gift of
moving and the gift of cutting out traditions
for us to really see clearly it is all you.
Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!