Monday, March 22, 2010

Curve Balls..

I haven't posted anything in awhile (for me that is)....and I really haven't taken many pictures lately. I must say life has thrown us a few curve balls and we are plugging through trying with all our might to walk according to God's will. As the Colbert's plug through life I am reading a book by Nancy Guthrie called Hope. It is a one year devotional and today's was "Wrestling with God's Plan" It is mostly about when grief, disappointment, trials, tragedy etc. occur and how to have hope. The reading for today was Hebrews 4:14-5:10 and my favorite verses were/are......
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

Goodness I was so struck in a new light of the pain and suffering Jesus endured on earth(not just the suffering at the cross ,but his suffering throughout his years on earth). I have always been aware of his suffering ,but often put him in this category of untouchable....... because of being God Almighty. So, some how in my little mind that lessens the pain!?! He endured!?! Well, the devotions for the past two weeks have been leading me to today where I see Jesus my Savior as one who is perfect and blameless ,but went through extreme pain here on earth by becoming human. I am so thankful for him and comforted greatly in my "curve balls" that my Jesus has endured all....and supplies grace for me freely.
Thank you Jesus.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!