Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Our 2009 Birthday Cake for Jesus! Each year we bake and decorate a cake for our Savior's birth. This year I decided to make a Christmas tree cake. I baked the cake and Paul decorated it for me. The kids were playing with Nonna and Papa so much that the cake making took a backseat this year. But, we all gathered together on Christmas night and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and cheered as we blew out the candles.

We also celebrated Jesus' birth in a very different ,but extremely special way. We always go to church on Christmas Eve and love the "family" service ,however this year I felt such a pull to simplify things even more. I also had a need for things to be centered on "our" family. At the last minute we decided to have a Christmas service at our house. I read the Christmas story, Makayla played two Christmas hymns on the piano, Paul prayed and we also took communion as a family. It was such an awesome and intimate time we had with Christ our savior. I am so thankful for Makayla who thought of special touches to make our service one I will never forget. Oh how thankful I am for the family God blessed me with........so grateful for Christ our one and only Savior. Happy Birthday Jesus.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!