This year I really wanted to create times where I stopped more and enjoyed some of my favorite holiday traditions (new and old) with my kids. I figured if I wanted to "enjoy" them I would have to schedule them in so they were not so thrown in at the last minute. I took our advent calendar and added a note in each day of something special we would do to celebrate the season of Christ's birth. We began by going on a treasure hunt for our new ornaments for this year ....Makayla's ornament was a ballerina (since she loves to dance), Elijah's was a backpack with his picture (this is his big kindergarten year), and Luke's is a little fisher price talking telephone (since this year he began talking). The kids have fun searching for anything so this was a blast and something that will become an annual tradition. Other activities included making Christmas cards for our service men, doing a kind act for someone, baking, playing Christmas games, making crafts, and many other things. I am so glad I did this! I had so much fun with the kids and the excitement of reaching into the calendar each day made even the small activity tons of fun for the kids. It takes a little prep work ,but so worth the time!!! Here are some pictures of a few things we did this season. The above picture was Luke putting out and eating the reindeer food that we prepared for Santa's rein-deers. We made it with old fashion oats and colored sugar.
We made a table runner of our families hand prints and turned them into reindeer. It was something I will treasure always....
We had friends over one afternoon to have a purely kid "treat making"....they iced ice cream cones and poured candy pieces over them to make Christmas Trees. Like I said it is definitely a kids treat!!!!! This is a picture of Elijah after eating his Christmas tree!!!
A handmade edible Christmas tree.....look at that candy.
Just because I am one and half doesn't mean I don't know a good thing!!!!
Oh yes....candy, icing, and my hands.
The kids with their yummy Christmas tree treats.
Going to see Santa with the Richasons....Luke was my first kid at his age (21 months) did not cry with Santa.....In fact he didn't want to get off his lap. It was so adorable. I love the surprises kids bring.

No comments:
Post a Comment