
We had a very relaxing Thanksgiving at my mom's house in Northern Florida. There were about 22 people (mostly family) and of course lots of kids. My Cousin's wife and children made this adorable turkey. We had a great time marveling at him and I think Paul ended up eating the kiwi face. My brother did a great job brining our turkey....oh my goodness it was out of this world. We also had all the great sides and some awesome desserts. Homemade pumpkin pie and Maddie (11 years old) made a yummy chocolate meringue pie. Great eating....I really think it was the best turkey I have ever had!!!!! Thanks Michael.

I decided to work on a Thanksgiving game that would be easy for everyone to participate.... my mom and I collected everyone's 10 favorite things. I made place mats for each person with the list of favorite things. Of course, I did not put a name with the favorite things. Each person chose a place to sit .....any where as long as they were not sitting at their favorite thing place mat. They were to read their place mat and try and guess who's favorites they had. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast looking at everyone's place mat. Paul guessed his person first....He had my uncles. I will say it would be more fair if no one sat at their mat until everyone was ready to sit ,but we are casual and do buffet style. So after we prayed the lined formed and some were seated a little quicker then others. But, really it was just a lot of fun socializing. Happy 2009 Turkey Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment