Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Decorating or Un-decorating the Tree!?!

We began decorating our tree on December 1st....and I feel like we still are not quite done (Today is the 3rd). The kids were so excited to get started on the tree decorating and it is so much fun to see ornaments from the past years. All the kids dressed in their Christmas P.J.s....Makayla's idea! They looked so cute and I just was so thrilled to decorate the tree. I will have to say the thrill died quickly though. Luke began to throw ornaments and broke several. The kids were screaming and Paul was trying to get pictures. Finally I was getting so irritated that Paul recommended we finish it another night. The kids got their fill and we put Luke to bed. I was so thankful for his suggestion..... I mean why does it have to be done in one night ???? It kept me from blowing my top! The next morning we put some more ornaments on the tree......thanks to the flexible scheduling of a homeschooling day. I am still tying some ribbions on and knowing that the tree won't stay perfect.... I mean I have three kids and one is not even two. Broken ornaments happen.

Cutest comment of the night..... Elijah said "pause the tree, I have to go to the bathroom". We died laughing. How cute not wanting to miss a thing and how funny that he is used to pausing things already.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the tree and seeing my little cuties. Oh Luke, he will be remembered from throwing things. Soon shall pass too quickly. I love the tree too. Love ya, Nonna

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!