Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Field trips are what Kindergartens all about!!!

Elijah went on his first field trip with his class and the first graders. We went to the Largo fire house since they are studying community helpers. Makayla was able to come along being that it was a home school day. We had a lot of fun. The fire house was very organized and ready to teach the kids. The kids loved seeing the firefighter's table (that they hand made) and all their beds! The fire department did an awesome job and it is so precious to see the little kids so thankful for their community helpers. Elijah was in awe when the lady said she would come to your house to put in smoke alarms. Elijah told me "mommy she will come and fix my broken alarm in my room" Just for clarification....his smoke alarm is open with no battery since we got our home security system upgraded with the smoke detection that also calls the fire department right away. But, I think I am going to put a battery in his alarm so he understands a little better about it being fixed .....and in working order. It will put his little mind at ease. Like the teacher said you can't ever have too many alarms...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!