

How do you like the markings for Paul's shoulder surgery???? Thought it was funny when he pulled them out yesterday morning (August 14th) for me to apply before heading to St. Anthony's hospital. Paul has been in a lot of pain for many months now so as much as we have dreaded this day it is also a day of hope that the pain will be relieved. He had shoulder reconstruction on his left shoulder along with repairing his torn labrum. We arrived at the hospital at 9:00 am for his 11:00 am surgery. The boys were at Paul's mom's house. Makayla went to spend the day with a friend from school. I came bogged down with books, knitting, lesson plans, my notebook computer and bible. I was ready for the wait. I am so thankful I lugged all these items in ,because Paul's surgery did not start till 2:00. It ended at 4:00 and then he was off to recovery. I quickly went all over town getting kids and dinner. Paul was waiting to be picked up by 5:45. I was late and looked like the horrible wife.....that's what happens when you have three kids. Paul of course was very out of it and in a lot of pain. The surgery went very well and Paul made it through his fear of being put to sleep. We are now surviving through recovering from a big surgery, trying to obtain quietness with three kids, and prepare for the "big back to school day" on Monday. It has been a long weekend. I began this post on Saturday morning and it is now late Sunday night. A big thank you to my in-laws who helped so much this weekend. I can't imagine how much more drained and emotional I would have been with out you guys. As God's word says...my grace is sufficent .....
No comments:
Post a Comment