
Here are" our" faces of Fourth of July this year. I can't believe I some how missed Rusty though. I thought I was so diligent in getting everyone with our Statue of Liberty Crowns. Oh, Well! Rusty did celebrate the fourth with us too.....he just missed out on me forcing the crown on his head. We celebrated America's birthday at my mom's lake house and we had great weather. I was afraid it would storm all weekend which would mean no four wheeling, jet skiing, water skiing, swimming and fire works. Thank goodness it did not rain. The kids got to join in all of the above activities. I was proud of Noah and Elijah who braved the tube this year and ended up loving it. Makayla rode the tube last year a couple of times and this year you couldn't get her off it. She even tried to water ski three times. I was proud of her. She doesn't like to try new things all on her own ,but she did. I think it helped that Aunt Tracy tried and made it up on her second try! Good job. Elijah was a little surprised when I actually skied too. I hadn't skied in years and got up on my first try. I think it is like riding a bike.....once you get it you don't forget. It is fun when my kids get to see me step out of my "mommy box" and try something different. We ended the day with fireworks over the lake and some amazing ones at a park across the way that we could see through my mom's trees. It is nice not to have to fight the crowds to see fire works. All the kids loved sparklers this year (except Luke....of course). Luke was a handful that weekend. He screamed both nights and one of them I don't think he ever really went to sleep. I blame it on teeth and sharing a room with us. He could see us when he woke up and never wanted to go back to bed. It stunk and really put everyone out of good sleep. Praise God he did better the rest of the week when I stayed on with the kids at my mom's house. He had his own room the rest of the week and I bought oral gel. So all that being said enjoy our faces of freedom. God Bless the USA!!!!







1 comment:
I LOVE the photos of the adults wearing the liberty hats. Too funny!!!
Post a Comment