On December 31st I arranged for us to go ice skating.....when I say arranged I am making note of how spontaneity ceases to exists when you have three kids and one of them is an infant. I asked Tracy, Noah and Hannah to join us in a little fun on the ice too. This meant we needed help with Hannah and Luke so I enlisted Paul's grandma and mom to come entertain the little ones while we skated with the big kids. Nana and Cindy were both willing to meet and ride with us to Countryside Mall for a day of ice skating and mall walking!Makayla has ice skated two other times and constantly begs to go again and again. However, Elijah and Noah had never been ice skating. After patiently waiting for the rink to allow open skate and getting the babies settled with the grandmas we took off. Makayla flew off quickly (she got roller blades for Christmas and has been practicing), Noah jumped in and moved slowly around the primeter of the rink while holding the railing, and Elijah bawled about how awful it was..... Luckliy I was able to convince Elijah to hold on to the back of my hands and I pulled him along. He was just mad that he couldn't get up and do it. About 20 minutues later Noah was off skating and I was still pulling Elijah. Tracy, Noah and Makayla were trying to conquer turns and capture looks of true ice talent. I began to encourage Elijah to grab onto the side railing and try it out. Soon enough he was skating. Now his skating is not a push glide ....it is more like a run on skates. I mean he had the run that Scott Hamiliton does down pat. It was so cute. By the end Makayla and Elijah were saying I want to have my birthday party here. It was a really fun day and I can't thank Cindy and Nana for all the help they gave us with the babies. Without them we wouldn't have been able to take the cousins......skating together. Praise God for the big things like family!


Elijah in the middle of one of his Scott Hamilton runs and Noah showing me how fast he could skate.

No comments:
Post a Comment