Oh my goodness Luke has climbed out of his crib 3 times in less than 24 hours. I was so unprepared for this!!!! None of my kids accomplished this great task at 23 months old. I am so not ready for him to give up the crib.....we just did away with the pacifier two weeks ago!!! How much can one mom take. Hee Hee . Well I went searching high and low this afternoon for a toddler bed (again none of my kids were this little when this happened so we just put them in a regular bed with rails). As I was at Walmart surveying toddler beds it dawned on me that the crib we bought from a neighbor could possibly be adapted for this little climber. I called my neighbor up and asked them and they said it sure could be!!!! Wow... we can save some money for once!!! My neighbor was so kind to come down and remove the front rail panel. Paul is in Haiti for a week so I really did not want to wait that long with the little monkey. Grateful for kind neighbors and for the Lord who brought the idea to my mind. I feel like I never save money with three kids in the house so this was such a good feeling today!
Note...he went to bed great and yes I missed the first night with out the rail. I had bible study and my mother in law was so kind to watch them so I could still go. She put him right to bed and off to sleep he went. I am really curious to see what the morning brings. We have no locks on the bedroom doors and Luke also figured out how to knock the child proof door knobs off. I am going to look for harder to remove ones at toys r us tomorrow. Luke is definitely teaching me to be one step ahead of him....but right now I am behind.
I will post a picture tomorrow of him in his up-dated crib
We strive to love the Lord "Our" God with all "our" heart and with all "our" soul and with all "our" mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:37-38
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- January (6)
- November (3)
- October (10)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- May (5)
- March (10)
- February (1)
- December (3)
- November (9)
- October (6)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (7)
- May (9)
- April (11)
- March (6)
- February (8)
- January (7)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (7)
- September (4)
- August (7)
- July (5)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (8)
- March (7)
- February (9)
- January (5)
About Me
- The Colbert Crew
- I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!
2 comments:
Ahh, yes. The stage of climbing out of the crib! :) Just stay consistent and put one of those child-safety door knob things on the inside of his door. We had to do that with Lincoln. Avy was in a toddler bed by 18 months and Lincoln at around 20 months. It's those 'busy boys' you have to watch. He he. Good luck Dana!
I'm dreading the day/night when D climbs out of his crib. So far, so good, but who knows how long my luck will last?
Love y'all!
Hope Paul stays safe. That's completely wonderful that he went. I was looking into volunteering to do a medical mission, but Chris wasn't comfortable with the idea, so I deferred to him.
Post a Comment