Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yep! Braces!

Makayla hit the great milestone of braces on Friday!!!! She only has eight brackets....just to pull back her teeth and close the gap between her two front teeth. It took about an hour to put on these eight little brackets. I was thankful that the orthodontists comes on Wednesdays and Fridays to Dr. Levitt's office so the boys were VERY entertained with the submarine, toys, and fish tanks. It made the visit like a play time for them. Makayla was a little nervous to get them on ,but "it didn't hurt a bit" she said. Of course she is in some pain today....the joys of braces. I am very grateful we can afford to do this (because at this point it is more cosmetic, however her teeth were moving even more over her bottom lip) so no complaining. Right??? Also for the record she never sucked her thumb and her pacifer was gone at 8 months. Just goes to show you that sometimes the teeth just do what they want to do no matter what steps you take to keep those purley whites from poking way out. Blessings to all!

3 comments:

Mom Heart Ministries of McMinnville said...

Cute! Hopefully the pain will subside soon. I'm sure she'll be grateful in the future for your sacrifice in letting her get them.

juliannabelle said...

She looks adorable! Love you guys!

Dinah McKinley said...

oh my gosh makayla - you look so grown - the braces look great! keep smilin!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!