Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Look what we SAW!!!!!

Look at the 9 foot , 500 pound shark we saw at the Pier today!!!!! What an amazing gift of timing God gave us. I decided to take the kids to the little aquarium at the Pier this morning. It is our first full week of summer and thought I could manage this with all three.....including crazy Luke. We took a nice stroll from the car to the Pier. As we were walking one of the Pier employees told us that a man caught a 9 foot shark and we could see it by the Pelican bait station. We quickly got down there and were amazed at it's size. The man said it took him 4 hours to real him in. I wish I knew all the details of the catch ,but we were not able to find out much more info. The St. Pete times was out there ......they took Elijah's name and age since he got up pretty close to the shark. He is supposed to have his name in the paper tomorrow. Makayla was very upset that he will be "famous". Drama......only girls! I still can't believe how amazing it was to see this gigantic creature!!!!! Needless to say this was the highlight of our Pier experience.


Awwwww......look it is Dori!
Elijah's favorite under water animal...at the aquarium.
Yep....my little Luke on a leash!!! Thought I would never put a leash on my kids ,but when you become a mom reality hits! It is much easier to let him roam ,but I am able to keep him close by. It gives me some peace so I can still focus on the other kids. He doesn't love it ,but is getting used to it.
Makayla all smiles at the Pier aquarium...She was excited to spend some of her money in their gift shops! Oh those little shops.....strategically placed to lure all the kids!!!!

3 comments:

Mom Heart Ministries of McMinnville said...

Yeah, we resorted to a leash as well with Lincoln so don't feel bad. =) Safety is of utmost importance.

juliannabelle said...

but, but... it's one of God's amazing creatures... dead.
Still interesting to see, I reckon, but kinda sad (not that I want to see it close-up alive, either, unless it's at an aquarium).
Where did you guys stay at Disney with the bunkbeds?

Anonymous said...

Geez Louise, sure glad that huge shark is not out there in the ocean, gulf or bay. Your Dad, David and Uncle Theron caught one, one time...........Yikes.......Love ya, Mama

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mom to three children who God has generously blessed us with! I love to journal and watch them grow so blogging seemed the best for me!