
Yep we are five and definitely "alive" with energy! On April 20th Elijah turned 5 and was so excited to be this age! So cute how the number is so important. Well for every birthday we hang streams on their door frames, make a big banner in the kitchen, and have all their cards and gifts set up on the table.......this is all ready for when they wake up on their big day. Elijah was so thrilled to open his cards almost more than the presents. He was really hoping to get music cards......he loves them. He had been eying one at the Christian bookstore since January. It plays "Holy is the Lord". Well I got it for him and he was jumping for joy. Nonna also sent him a surfing card that plays "wipe out"..... I think we heard these non-stop all day. After the big morning events he went to school wear Northside does a great job of making you feel special.....special birthday hat, necklace with your age, center stage during flag time, handmade card signed by all your friends, and a sweet cookie treat at lunch. He was feeling really fine by the time I picked him up. We only had a short time before getting Makayla from school so he just played and played with his new toys. The last celebration of the day was pizza (his favortie dish) and cake! He really wanted a cake with a toy so I made angel food cake (again he loves fluffy cake) decortated it and added a Lightening McQueen to the top. Both kids couldn't believe I made this..... I am thinking wow you have seen me do this before, but I guess this one was over the top for them. Who knows! Now all that is left for this five year old is a bowling party on Sunday with 8 of his friends.... it will be fun.
Here are the things we can do now that we are five.....according to Elijah (so cute...he does them and then says wow now that I am five I can do this).
1. Reach the bread basket on the counter
2. Zip up his zipper
3. Reach certain light switches
4. Pick Luke up and carry him
5. More milk out of the gallon jug
Note.....this is according to Elijah not necessarily ME!

No comments:
Post a Comment